10 interesting questions that I've had to kinda sorta answer, throughout the years.
June 17, 2016
My kids are inquisitive. It's great because they like to know things and are interested in learning about what's going on within and outside of their worlds. With that said, some of their questions render me speechless. I've given side eyes, WTH looks and have even choked on a drink of two in response. Some are hysterical and others are "oh shoot, how the heck am I going to answer that one?
Here are a few that I've kept in my back pocket:
1) Did Poppy (my husband's father) get shot?
Response: WTH look on my face.
Side Note: Not sure where they go that from since Poppy died of a heart attack.
2) Is Nanny (my mother in-law) going to have any more children?
Response:Nanny is 79. Her baby making days are over.
3) Were Dodo (my father) and Nanny boyfriend and girlfriend?
Response: They were just co-grandparents
Side Note: No hanky panky going on there.
4) Does Dodo have one of those stones in the cemetery?
Side Note: They're probably not ready to hear that Dodo is chilling in the china cabinet under a bottle of Johnnie Walker.
5) When mommies push out babies, do they poop on them?
Response: Some do, but the three of you were very lucky. You all came out free and clear.
6) Where do babies come from?
Side Note: That's all they're getting for the next 15 years
7) Where did Grandma (my mother) die?
Response: In Brooklyn
Side Note: She wanted to know if Grandma died in the hospital. I don't know if they'd be crazy about finding out that she actually died in her sleep in what is currently my bedroom.
8) So if two girls get married, who's the boy?
Response: Neither, they're both girls.
9) Me: Maya, you and I have the same face.
Maya: Wait, I used to be brown?
Response: Choke on drink because she looked at me like Arnold Jackson when he'd say "Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?!!!"
10) Dad, can you show me how to use that?
Response: Thinking of the best way to change the subject quickly.
Side Note: As she pointed to the urinal when she and Frank walked in the men's bathroom so she could use the potty.